These days, I’m immersed in a range of projects with the goal of deliberately practicing my writing, mindfulness, filmmaking, design, and business acumen.
- Work From Anywhere | Website
Generating remote work and travel content alongside informational products.
- Sailing Tutorials | Website
Teaching sailing fundamentals online and connecting beginners with a network of mentors.
- Oui C’est | Website
Producing video content alongside advertising campaigns to help businesses find more customers online.
- Aerial Cast | Course Sample
Producing an online course in commercial droning from FAA regulations to aerial cinematography techniques.
Growth Designer; Codecademy | October 2016 – January 2018
Codecademy provides online programming lessons to millions of learners around the world. I combine the research methods and creative confidence of a designer with the company’s marketing objectives to discover opportunities for authentic, product-driven growth.
- Established and maintained the marketing funnel and in-product experience for Codecademy Intensives — grew enrollments from $0 to $165,000 per month.
- Designed an on-platform upgrade experience as a sustainable alternative to email marketing — increased repeatable Intensives revenue to 25% of total.
- Provided creative direction, buyer profiles, and messaging guidelines to support marketing campaigns, branding, PR, and design agency work.
- Managed the growth team and realized a roadmap of product work dedicated to hitting Codecademy’s quarterly revenue targets.
Product Design Lead; Gone | January 2015 – March 2016
Gone builds several secondary market technologies that help users sell their used belongings. I worked with the company to connect design thinking with nearly every facet of the business.
- Led a redesign of Gone’s company branding, website, and mobile app experience. Users began to sell higher value items and signups grew by ~15% monthly.
- Deployed an SMS-based version of Gone’s iOS app. Measured a 220% increase in the average market value of items sold with the SMS platform.
- Co-Inventor; Past Purchase Identification Platform and System
Co-Inventor; Platform and System for Sales Processing: One Click Selling
Brand Designer; kylebillings.com | 2012 – Present
Since my earliest design gigs with artists at Berklee College of Music, my career has revolved around developing great products and authentic growth strategies in concert.
- Led design efforts with Zipcar to launch new reservation options in-product.
- Collaborating with Blue Lantern clients and business partners on design, branding, and coding projects.
- Ceaselessly A/B tested user flows, default plugin states, iconography, and messaging to increase installs and upgrades with Powr.io.
- Collaborated with Berklee College of Music to launch the Institute for Creative Entrepreneurship to bring tech opportunities to the students.
Berklee College of Music, Boston, MA | BM Music Business (2011 – 2014)
Skills & Technologies
UI/Graphic Design (Sketch, Illustrator, Photoshop, Flinto), Copywriting, A/B Testing (Unbounce, Split, Looker, Google Analytics), Front-end Development (HTML, SASS, JS, Git, React, Rails), Animation (After Effects, SVG), Video Production (Premiere, Speedgrade, Davinci Resolve), Photography (Lightroom), Music/Audio Production (Ableton Live), French & Spanish. Chouette !