Founder & Product Designer; True Wine | March 2020 – Present
True Wine is a mobile app used by digital natives around the world to learn about wine without the friction of traditional wine classes.
- Designed a gamified learning experience with 10x better course completion rates than MOOCs (65% vs. 6%), 90% subscriber retention, and a 4.8 app store rating.
- % of a two-person team — product lead, course designer, content marketer, user researcher, brand designer, CEO.
- True Wealth & True Web3
Using the gamified learning scaffolding of True Wine to onboard people to personal finance and web3 concepts.
- Arpeggi Labs
Early on-chain music producer. Active as a product design resource and sound designer for Arpeggi V2.
- True Wine Social Club
Exploring an NFT-gated community centered on education and IRL events.
- Sailing Tutorials
Teaching sailing fundamentals online and connecting beginners with a network of mentors.
Freelancer | January 2018 – March 2020
- Led mobile design with Zipcar to launch new reservation UX.
- Shot marketing videos for Vasse Felix, Frangipani Beach Resort, Linjer.co, and Misen.co.
Product Designer & Growth Team PM; Codecademy | October 2016 – January 2018
- Established and maintained the marketing funnel and in-product experience for Codecademy Intensives — grew enrollments from $0 to $165,000 per month.
- Designed an on-platform upgrade experience as a sustainable alternative to email marketing — increased repeatable Intensives revenue to 25% of total.
- Managed the growth team and realized a roadmap of product work dedicated to hitting Codecademy’s quarterly revenue targets.
Product Designer | 2014 – 2016
- Redesigned the Gone mobile app. Measured a 220% increase in the average market value of items sold with the platform.
- A/B tested user flows, default plugin states, iconography, and messaging to increase installs and upgrades with powr.io.
Berklee College of Music, Boston, MA | BM Music Business (2011 – 2014)
Summa Cum Laude | BerkleeICE Founding Member | Editor in Chief; Music Business Journal
Skills & Technologies
UI/Graphic Design (Sketch, Illustrator, Photoshop, Flinto), Copywriting, A/B Testing (Unbounce, Split, Looker, Google Analytics), Front-end Development (HTML, SASS, JS, Git, React, Rails), Animation (After Effects, SVG), Video Production (Premiere, Speedgrade, Davinci Resolve), Photography (Lightroom), Music/Audio Production (Ableton Live), French & Spanish. Chouette !